Saturday 10 November 2012

Life through a lens - My Trip to New York and South Carolina

This summer was one that I had been looking forward to for a long time.I knew that it would be worth it after all my exams and the hard work at school and it defiantly was.My Dad decided to travel to somewhere different than Spain or California, the past few years we have drove to Spain and the years before that we took a road trip around California and Nevada but my dad wanted to go to somewhere different.Our family love to relax and just chill around a pool or on a beach.Me and my sister love the water and getting our tan on.We also wanted somewhere which had a lot of places to experience and be a proper tourist, I also wanted to have a photo party with the camera I had received for my Christmas present.So we decided to go to New York, that was the tourist part of our trip and then South Carolina which was the relaxing part of our trip.
South Carolina was beautiful, it reminded me of Florida with the humid weather and what the location was like.We stayed on Hilton Head Island, it had the most beautiful beach and the hotel we stayed at was amazing, one factor was probably the breakfast buffet waffles,American cereal and pancakes it was a party in itself.The pool was really nice and there wasnt a lot of noise so it was really relaxing.The pool side bar had really nice food and it played music which created a really cool vibe.There were lots of activities that you could do such as the gym,cycling around Hilton head island and arts and crafts for children.We decided to go on a family bike ride, it was so much fun the only drawback was that it was so hot but It was so cool to see the sites of Hilton head even though we did get lost and there were alligators near us.The restaurants were amazing, we went to a steakhouse which was lovely and I found a love for the olive garden which was in the outlet mall where there was an Abercrombie outlet and polo Ralph Lauren, just to name a few.The best deal I got was a pair of Abercrombie and Fitch lounge pants which were originally $50 and I got them for $4.90 which is around £3 I obviously jumped at the chance of buying those and got two pairs.I also got a gorgeous dress which was $20.Overall South Carolina was amazing and I will defiantly be visiting there in the future.
New York on the other hand was completely different to South Carolina, I have never felt so overwhelmed in my life.After a few days we did get used to the business but never got used to the amount of walking.Most of this part of the holiday was dedicated to site seeing Inwhich we did a lot of that.We visited the main sites like the statue of Liberty,Ellis island,empire state building and ground zero.Each one of them were amazing especially ground zero which was very eye opening and did bring a tear to my eye when I actually thought to myself that the tragic event of 9/11 happened where we were standing.The shopping was awesome Unfortunatly we weren't able to visit soho but we did go to the rocker fella plaza and shops on 5th avenue.We stayed a couple of block away from times square which was so amazing the lights were crazy and there was always something new to look at.Every night we had dinner there and we found an olive garden,told you we were addicted.It was crazy how busy it was and a waiter said that this was their quite time of the year, my mouth dropped to the floor.You would think that since there were so many taxis in New York it would be easy to catch one, think again.For a family of five it was flipping hard.We did the subway one day and it was horribly overwhelming, one regret was that we went to a busy train station instead of a smaller underground one.Luckily this random lady helped us to where we wanted to go and it was relief when we arrived but then my sister,dad and mum got stuck on one side of the gates and me and my brother got stuck on the other,I can't even imagine what it would be like if I got lost in New York.
Overall my holiday was truly amazing and I am so thankful for the opportunity to travel to America and experience so much throughout my 16 years of living.I hope this has given you a small insight into my trip and I hope you enjoyed this blogpost.




Bye for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment